* Where is Elisp evaluation documented in the Org Manual?
@ 2022-09-30 14:15 Perry Smith
From: Perry Smith @ 2022-09-30 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I wanted to format a key binding in Org mode and, of course, I wanted to do it properly so I started surfing around and then hit upon the idea of just looking at the source of the Org manual for examples.

I discovered that it can be done like {{{kbd(M-TAB)}}}

Fascinating!!!  And I bet expr in the form of {{{ expr }}} could be any Elisp expression.  Cool!

But, where in the Org manual is this documented?  I’m curious what other things are possible.  So far, I’ve not been able to find it.  I did find something about Capture Templates but I’m not at that pay grade yet.

(I’m not on the list so please CC me on your replies)
Thank you,
Perry

[-- Attachment #2: Message signed with OpenPGP --]

* Re: Where is Elisp evaluation documented in the Org Manual?
@ 2022-09-30 16:07 ` Max Nikulin
From: Max Nikulin @ 2022-09-30 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Perry Smith, emacs-orgmode

On 30/09/2022 21:15, Perry Smith wrote:

> I discovered that it can be done like {{{kbd(M-TAB)}}}
>
> Fascinating!!!  And I bet expr in the form of {{{ expr }}} could be any Elisp expression.  Cool!
>
> But, where in the Org manual is this documented?

See info "(org) Macro Replacement"
https://orgmode.org/manual/Macro-Replacement.html

If you are interested in particular in the implementation of kbd then
have a look into doc/doc-setup.org and lisp/ox-texinfo.el files in the
Org sources.

There are a pitfall with comma as macro argument separator. It is easy
to forgot to escape it and to loose remaining arguments.

* Re: Where is Elisp evaluation documented in the Org Manual?
@ 2022-09-30 16:25   ` Perry Smith
From: Perry Smith @ 2022-09-30 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Max Nikulin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode