On 28.9.2013, at 16:26, Charles Millar wrote: > Hi Carsten, > > On 9/28/2013 2:11 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote: >> Hi everyone, >> >> today I looked at our tutorial page at >> >> >> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/index.html >> >> >> and came away with the feeling that that this page has become >> somewhat useless for people who are really new to Org. >> > - I disagree. Your Google talk was just right - for me. It was my first exposure to Org Mode. Well, I am glad to hear that it still does its work. >> >> Can we have a discussion here on how this path should look like? >> When you came to Org-mode as a newby, what were the three resources >> that really made an impression on by being accessible and >> providing feel and promise for digging deeper? >> > About three years ago I stumbled across Org Mode when I was searching Emacs in general. (I already was familiar with Emacs, but only to "fool around".) > After viewing the Google talk, I specifically searched Org Mode. The three resources that made an impression: > - the general tutorials, starting with David O'Toole's, > - the Compact Guide with the Further Readings, (I did not look at the ones in the Org Manual) since this gave me a sense of how Org is and can be used, and > - the mailing list, which was the one resource that has made the greatest impression on me from the beginning. It has been and is my best resource; it provides the greatest exposure to Org Mode both as to its uses and sense of the Org community. Thank you for your input to this discussion. - Carsten > - Thank you Carsten, Bastien and all the rest if you for Org Mode. > > Charlie Millar >