* Javascript Export Issue
@ 2009-03-07  2:30 srandby
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: srandby @ 2009-03-07  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: [Orgmode]

Greetings,

When I export (using org-mode 6.23) to html an org file that has options
for org-info.js, the html file contains this:

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--/*--><![CDATA[/*><!--*/
THE SCRIPT
/*]]>*/-->
</script>

Earlier versions of org-mode exported scripts this way:

<script type="text/javascript">
/* <![CDATA[ */
THE SCRIPT
/* ]]> */
</script>

Today, I discovered that the first script listed above will work with
Firefox, but not with Safari (I don't know about IE). After some
research, I discovered several fixes, including the old way of
exporting, the easiest being:

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
THE SCRIPT
-->
</script>

I realize there are issues here with the differences between html
browsers and xml browsers, so I've decided that I would like to have
scripts (and styles) exported as separate files. Is this possible?

When I export my org file to html, the html file contains one style
section and two script sections. If these three were instead exported to
separate files, that would eliminate the need to worry about how to
enclose styles and scripts with comments in a way that works for all
browsers. Of course, then org-mode would be creating four files instead
of one, but I would like to have this option. Everything I've read about
this matter recommends keeping styles and scripts as external files.

When I create the three files manually and edit the html file
appropriately, the html file lacks all the style and script code which
is replaced by:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="gen-style.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css">
<script type="text/javascript" src="org-info.v.0.1.0.5.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="org-html.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="mystery.js"></script>

Here gen-style.css contains the style generated by org-mode, style.css
is my own style, org-html.js is the first script generated by org-mode,
and mystery.js is the second script generated by org-mode (it is
mysterious to me).

Scott Randby