From: Matt <matt@excalamus.com>
To: "Tommy Kelly" <tommy.kelly@verilab.com>
Cc: "emacs-orgmode" <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>,
	"ihor radchenko" <yantar92@posteo.net>
Subject: Re: Suggested manual changes - section 7.2 Special Properties
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 19:30:05 +0100	[thread overview]

Ihor, I think this would be a good topic to go over in the monthly meet up, especially if no one is able to follow up further on this by then.

 ---- On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 04:37:33 +0100  Tommy Kelly  wrote ---

 > It’s here: https://www.reddit.com/r/orgmode/s/3viPfF78Lr
 > In a nutshell, I was trying to understand how to have one of the columns in column mode be the creation date of each headline. I thought that because I almost always insert a clock entry when I create (using org-capture) a new item then I already had the required timestamp — the first one in the clock entry. However, it turns out that timestamp isn’t usable, and so the thread was me looking for help in figuring out the best way to do it.

Thank you very much.

Unfortunately, my knowledge of this part of Org isn't enough to give meaningful feedback at the moment.

I should also say that I appreciate the effort and thoughtfulness you've put into this.  Definite bonus points :)  If I'm able to find the time to read up on this part of Org, I'd be happy  to work with you further on this.

--
Matt Trzcinski
Emacs Org contributor (ob-shell)