---- On Sat, 18 Nov 2023 16:54:39 +0100 Max Nikulin wrote --- > I have faced an inconsistency with :cmdline treatment in ob-shell.el. These are sadly easy to find. If you run: #+begin_src bash :cmdline 1 echo "$1" #+end_src Then it fails with list: Wrong type argument: sequencep, 1 However, running this works: #+begin_src bash :cmdline "1" echo "$1" #+end_src I didn't dig too much into it, but it looks like :cmdline expects a sequence. When multiple arguments are passed, such as :cmdline 1 2 3, then "1 2 3" is passed into process-file. (sequencep "1 2 3") is t. (sequencep 1) is nil. So, to work around this a single :cmdline argument must be surrounded by quotes to make it a sequence. (sequencep "1") is t. Obviously, this should be fixed. Attached is a patch to test for this whenever we're ready to tackle making execution mutually consistent. I'm still reviewing the library and am not quite ready for that yet.