* TAB from within a text
@ 2012-02-03 14:36 François Pinard
From: François Pinard @ 2012-02-03 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi, everybody.

Writing a longish text for my coworkers this morning, I notice that I do
not know a quick way for collapsing the whole set of paragraphs I'm
currently writing, when their header happens to be many screenfuls above
point.  I have to first return to that header and do TAB there.  Even
this return was not evident to me at first.  I wrongly thought that `C-c
C-u' would do it, but it jumps far too much and lands one level higher
than I expected.  Then, /(org)Motion node/ taught me that I could use
`C-c C-j <up>' to this purpose; which is slightly convoluted to me, as I
always perceived `C-c C-j' as a kind of sophisticated "reveal".

Is it unreasonable for me to hope that, instead of `C-c C-j <up> TAB', a
mere TAB from within a long text would quickly do what I wanted?

François