* latex fragment problems with * environments
@ 2009-05-11 18:02 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2009-05-11 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten et al.,

If I have the following bit of LaTeX code in my org file:

,----
|   \begin{eqnarray}
|     x &=& a_i + b_j + c_{k} \\
|     y &=& \sqrt{x}
|   \end{eqnarray}
|
|   \begin{eqnarray*}
|     x &=& a_i + b_j + c_{k} \\
|     y &=& \sqrt{x}
|   \end{eqnarray*}
`----

and ask for a LaTeX export, I get the following generated:

,----
|   \begin{eqnarray}
|     x &=& a_i + b_j + c_{k} \\
|     y &=& \sqrt{x}
|   \end{eqnarray}
|
|   \begin{eqnarray*}
|     x \&=\& a$_i$ + b$_j$ + c$_{k}$ \\
|     y \&=\& \sqrt{x}
|   \end{eqnarray*}
`----

The second environment has not been recognised by org-mode as a valid
latex fragment and so all the special characters (&, _) have been
processed instead of being left alone.

This could be my fault but I have no idea where to start looking in case
I've set something I shouldn't have.  Because the latex exporter has
changed since I last used any latex fragments in my org files, and that
has been a while, I am not sure if this ever worked properly anyway.

Or it could be that "*" environments don't get recognised correctly by
the latex exporter?  Is there a regexp that I can customise for this?

Thanks for any suggestions!  I've temporarily changed all * environments
to ones with the * (so I get tons of equation numbers I don't need) but
I would love to revert to what I had originally.

eric

* Re: latex fragment problems with * environments
@ 2009-05-11 20:52 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-05-11 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Eric,

this was fixed 11 days ago in commit

    5f86fd7ae2da40b20c967382fa938fc871fb7e44

If you use the latet git version, this problem will not be present.

- Carsten

@ 2009-05-12 10:07   ` Eric S Fraga, Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga, Eric S Fraga @ 2009-05-12 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik writes:
> Hi Eric,
>
> this was fixed 11 days ago in commit
>
>     5f86fd7ae2da40b20c967382fa938fc871fb7e44
>
> If you use the latet git version, this problem will not be present.

Apologies.  I missed this.  I don't track the latest git version,
preferring to track the debian unstable version as it makes my life
easier (given that I use 3+ computers daily...).  I do, however, try
to keep track of what has been fixed and I missed this.

Thanks,

@ 2009-05-12 10:29     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-05-12 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: e.fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On May 12, 2009, at 12:07 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

> Carsten Dominik writes:
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> this was fixed 11 days ago in commit
>>
>>    5f86fd7ae2da40b20c967382fa938fc871fb7e44
>>
>> If you use the latet git version, this problem will not be present.
>
> Apologies.  I missed this.  I don't track the latest git version,
> preferring to track the debian unstable version as it makes my life
> easier (given that I use 3+ computers daily...).  I do, however, try
> to keep track of what has been fixed and I missed this.

No problem.

I need to make a new release soon, enough stuff has accuulated

- Carsten

* Re: latex fragment problems with * environments
@ 2009-05-12 10:34       ` Eric S Fraga, Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga, Eric S Fraga @ 2009-05-12 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik writes:
> On May 12, 2009, at 12:07 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> > Apologies.  I missed this.  I don't track the latest git version,
> > preferring to track the debian unstable version as it makes my life
> > easier (given that I use 3+ computers daily...).  I do, however, try
> > to keep track of what has been fixed and I missed this.
>
> No problem.
>
> I need to make a new release soon, enough stuff has accuulated

Actually, you've motivated me to move to the development version on
all my systems (I already use an automated procedure tied to Mercurial
for my own projects and it's relatively easy to add git to this
procedure...).  Org-mode is now such an integral part of my life that
it seems silly not to be at the edge of development!

Thanks again,
eric