* [org-Calendar] Recurring events with exception on days
@ 2009-07-13  3:47 Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2009-07-13  3:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello list!

Is there a way to schedule an item as a recurring event AND tell org
to exclude it from specific weekdays (for example, Saturday & Sunday)
?

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo.

* Re: [org-Calendar] Recurring events with exception on days
@ 2009-07-13  6:19 ` Brian van den Broek
From: Brian van den Broek @ 2009-07-13  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa said unto the world at 12/07/09 11:47 PM:
> Hello list!
>
> Is there a way to schedule an item as a recurring event AND tell org
> to exclude it from specific weekdays (for example, Saturday & Sunday)
> ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Marcelo.

Hi Marcelo,

The easiest thing is to define n distinct events, one for each pf the
n days of the week for which you wish to schedule it. When I do that,
I put them all under a `container' heading that exists solely to group
them.

That isn't entirely satisfactory, but it works well enough for me. You
can also use sexp diary entries
<http://orgmode.org/manual/Timestamps.html#Timestamps> though I've
never bothered.

Best,

Brian vdB

* Re: [org-Calendar] Recurring events with exception on days
@ 2009-07-13  6:46 ` Dirk-Jan Binnema
From: Dirk-Jan Binnema @ 2009-07-13  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Marcelo,

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 6:47 AM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <
celoserpa@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello list!
>
> Is there a way to schedule an item as a recurring event AND tell org
> to exclude it from specific weekdays (for example, Saturday & Sunday)
> ?

This is becoming a FAQ.

The short answer is 'no'. The somewhat longer answer is that you can use
diary-sexps to have appointments only on weekdays, but you cannot use them
for things you want to tick off as 'DONE'. The only working solution is to
make separate recurring appointments for each of the weekdays.

Also see: http://osdir.com/ml/emacs-orgmode-gnu/2009-07/msg00093.html

Best wishes,
Dirk.

* Re: [org-Calendar] Recurring events with exception on days
@ 2009-07-16 21:37   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-07-16 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dirk-Jan Binnema; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dirk-Jan Binnema <djcb.bulk@gmail.com> writes:

> This is becoming a FAQ.

I have pushed a FAQ entry about this in Worg, thanks.

--
 Bastien