* org-agenda -- todo commands dont change state?
@ 2007-09-01 21:27 T. V. Raman
From: T. V. Raman @ 2007-09-01 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hitting 't' in the agenda buffer pops up an input area, but
finishing with C-C C-c raises a "not within an item" error and
the state is not updated.

Using C-u t does not raise this error, but the state remains untouched.

--
Best Regards,
--raman

Email:  raman@users.sf.net
WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@gmail.com
Google: tv+raman
IRC:    irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs

* Re: org-agenda -- todo commands dont change state?
@ 2007-09-03 16:58 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-09-03 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: raman; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Raman,

I am unable to reproduce this.  I guess we need more info about your
setup.

- Carsten

On Sep 1, 2007, at 23:27, T. V. Raman wrote:

> Hitting 't' in the agenda buffer pops up an input area, but
> finishing with C-C C-c raises a "not within an item" error and
> the state is not updated.
>

> Using C-u t does not raise this error, but the state remains untouched.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> --raman
>

> Email:  raman@users.sf.net
> WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
> AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@gmail.com
> PGP:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/raman-almaden.asc
> Google: tv+raman
> IRC:    irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: org-agenda -- todo commands dont change state?
@ 2007-09-03 18:17   ` T. V. Raman
From: T. V. Raman @ 2007-09-03 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dominik; +Cc: raman, emacs-orgmode

I cloned John W's setup.
I also saw that he had a small note saying "dont use the todo
cycling commands"
I've now been successfully using the helper commands he defined
in his customizations. Incidentally, those commands might be
useful to promote into org-mode -- they work really nicely.
I also like the work style that that encourages, i.e. hit tab in
the agenda view, and work with the entry in the toto file.

    Carsten> Hi Raman, I am unable to reproduce this.  I guess we
    Carsten> need more info about your setup.
    Carsten>
    Carsten> - Carsten
    Carsten>
    Carsten> On Sep 1, 2007, at 23:27, T. V. Raman wrote:
    Carsten>
    >> Hitting 't' in the agenda buffer pops up an input area,
    >> but finishing with C-C C-c raises a "not within an item"
    >> error and the state is not updated.
    >>

    >> Using C-u t does not raise this error, but the state
    >> remains untouched.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best Regards, --raman
    >>

    >> Email: raman@users.sf.net WWW:
    >> http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/ AIM: emacspeak GTalk:
    >> tv.raman.tv@gmail.com PGP:
    >> http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/raman-almaden.asc Google:
    >> tv+raman IRC: irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs

Carsten Dominik Sterrenkundig Instituut "Anton Pannekoek"