* org-outlook with Outlook 2010 on Windows 7
@ 2013-04-04 12:59 Per Kulseth Dahl
From: Per Kulseth Dahl @ 2013-04-04 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I have been trying to get org-outlook to work without any success. I
am running Windows 7 and Outlook 2010. Yes, I wish didn't have to.

I have put the VBA code generated by org-outlook-generate-vba into
Outlook and then I changed the org-outlook-location to "c:/Program
Files (x86)/Microsoft Office/Office14/OUTLOOK.EXE" in org-outlook.el.
I didn't seem to work when I tried to change it through
customize-group.

I apparently get a link into an org document, but when click this link
I get "ShellExecute failed: w32 error 2147749890".

I have set up org-protocol according to the Org Manual
(http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.html).

I later came across this setup:
http://denihow.com/can-i-create-a-link-to-a-specific-email-message-in-outlook/

Which seems much simpler and looks to be sufficient for what I want,
but this doesn't work either. It seems there is a problem with

Dim doClipboard As New DataObject

I have tried to search for help on VBA, that I have no prior
experience with, for a clue as for what the problem is, but that has
so far been a very frustrating experience. I am therefore hoping
someone here has a working setup with Outlook 2010 and could point me
in the right direction. I doesn't have to be with org-outlook, I just
want have working links to Outlook messages in my org files.

--
Cheers,
Per