Hi, following this thread, I have revisited the commands `C-c -' and `C-c *' and hope that they are now better behaved and more useful: If there is an active region, these commands will act on the region, otherwise on the current line. C-c - This command turns headings or normal lines into items, or items into normal lines. When there is a region, everything depends on the first line of the region: - if it is a item, turn all items in the region into normal lines. - if it is a headline, turn all headlines in the region into items. - if it is a normal line, turn all lines into items. - special case: if there is no active region and the current line is an item, cycle the bullet type of the current list. C-c * This command turns items and normal lines into headings, or headings into normal lines. When there is a region, everything depends on the first line of the region: - if it is a item, turn all items in the region into headlines. - if it is a headline, turn all headlines in the region into normal lines. - if it is a normal line, turn all lines into headlines. I hope these commands a now more consistent and better. - Carsten On Dec 29, 2008, at 8:57 PM, Scott Otterson wrote: > I just discovered the very handy C-* function -- I've been > converting lists to headlines manually! But I also discovered a > couple of bugs: > > If I select a region containing a plain list and then type C-*, org > mode adds the leading stars but doesn't remove the plain list > symbols, for example, this: > > * headline > - list 1 > - list 2 > > is converted to this: > > * headline > *** - list 1 > *** - list 2 > > Also, if I'm at the end of a file so that the region can't be > extended beyond the end of the last item in the list, then that item > isn't converted. In other words, I get this: > > * headline > *** - list 1 > - list 2 > > Thanks, > > Scott > > > > > > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode