* emacs27 and let: Symbol’s value as variable is void: org-table-header-line-p
@ 2021-03-23 23:57 Santiago Mejia
From: Santiago Mejia @ 2021-03-23 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi All,

I just did a clean install of Xubuntu 20.04.  I also installed emacs27
(from this repository:ppa:kelleyk/emacs)

When I try to export any snippet from org-mode by calling
org-export-dispatch, my freshly installed emacs complains:

"let: Symbol’s value as variable is void: org-table-header-line-p"

Any help would be much appreciated

Santiago Mejia

* Re: emacs27 and let: Symbol’s value as variable is void: org-table-header-line-p
@ 2021-03-24 14:17 ` TRS-80
From: TRS-80 @ 2021-03-24 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2021-03-23 19:57, Santiago Mejia wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just did a clean install of Xubuntu 20.04.  I also installed
> emacs27 (from this repository:ppa:kelleyk/emacs)
>
> When I try to export any snippet from org-mode by calling
> org-export-dispatch, my freshly installed emacs complains:
>
> "let: Symbol’s value as variable is void: org-table-header-line-p"
>
> Any help would be much appreciated
>
> Santiago Mejia

I guess you should take it up with whoever this kelleyk person is?

If you can reproduce the error from "normal" distro sources (or Emacs
repo from source, etc.) then I suppose it is an issue for this list.
Otherwise I don't think it is?

I guess there must be some reason you installed it from that
particular location?

Cheers,
TRS-80

* Re: emacs27 and let: Symbol’s value as variable is void: org-table-header-line-p
@ 2021-03-25  3:01 ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2021-03-25  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Santiago Mejia; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Santiago Mejia writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I just did a clean install of Xubuntu 20.04.  I also installed emacs27
> (from this repository:ppa:kelleyk/emacs)
>
> When I try to export any snippet from org-mode by calling
> org-export-dispatch, my freshly installed emacs complains:
>
> "let: Symbol’s value as variable is void: org-table-header-line-p"

Nothing looks off in Org's sources: org-table.el defines
org-table-header-line-p, and that is used in one spot in org.el, which
loads org-table.el.

org-table-header-line-p was added recently (v9.4).  So, it looks like in
your setup there's a mismatch with a newer org.el loading an older
org-table.el.

https://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#mixed-install