Aloha Mauro, On my system I define a citep link: > #+source: define-citep-link > #+begin_src emacs-lisp :results silent > (org-add-link-type > "citep" 'ebib > (lambda (path desc format) > (cond > ((eq format 'html) > (format "(%s)" path)) > ((eq format 'latex) > (if (or (not desc) (equal 0 (search "citep:" desc))) > (format "\\citep{%s}" path) > (format "\\citep[%s]{%s}" desc path) > ))))) > #+end_src then the following Org-mode source: > Hawaiian archaeology's response to the late Roger Green's call for an > investigation of diachronic settlement patterns > [[citep:green84:_settl_patter_studies_ocean]] has been slow and > difficult. exports as: > Hawaiian archaeology's response to the late Roger Green's call for an > investigation of diachronic settlement patterns > \citep{green84:_settl_patter_studies_ocean} has been slow and > difficult. Perhaps you could post a minimal example that doesn't work for you? Note that this solution doesn't depend on ebib. It is perfectly OK to enter the bibliography key by hand if you prefer. On your other observation: I don't use underscores in headlines, so hadn't run across the limitation in the cross references that you mention. I don't know if there is any way around this. If you do find a way, please feel free to add the solution to the LaTeX export tutorial. All the best, Tom On Apr 11, 2011, at 3:55 AM, Mauro Rovezzi wrote: > On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 3:44 AM, Nick Dokos > wrote: >> Thomas S. Dye wrote: >>> >>> The code the OP cited passes desc to \cite{}. The code I pointed to >>> passes path to \cite{}. It does this to get around the problem of >>> escaped underscores, if I remember correctly. In any case, I use >>> this >>> code with bibliography keys that include underscores, so it should >>> work for the OP. >>> >> >> I still don't quite understand, so obviously I'm missing something >> fundamental - but I'll read your tutorial completely first (great >> tutorial btw!) and try some things out. > > Thomas, I also do not understand your reply, sorry. I have tried to > implement your solution with ebib, but it is not working. Well, > personally I do not use ebib, so it would be more elegant for me do > not depend on it. Anyway, I think I have to invest more time to better > understand this ebib-oriented solution to underscore. > > In addition, I also find out that the cross-references > (http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.html#sec-16) > do not work either when the reference has underscore in it. > > Thanks, > Mauro