No, you're not the only one. I've run across it several times. I'd say about half of them revealed bugs on my part, but there's no doubt that it occasionally has to be raised for legitimate reasons. I assume that the default value is somewhat arbitrary, but chosen pragmatically. ,Doug Douglas Lewan Shubert Ticketing (201) 489-8600 ext 224 or ext 4335 "This is a slow pup," he said continuing his ascent. From: emacs-orgmode-bounces+dougl=shubertticketing.com@gnu.org [mailto:emacs-orgmode-bounces+dougl=shubertticketing.com@gnu.org] On Behalf Of Fabrice Popineau Sent: Tuesday, 2014 September 16 09:01 To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org; Emacs developers Subject: [O] Emacs Lisp Depth Hi, Am I the only one to have hit the bottom of the default max_specpdl_size and max_lisp_eval_depth values ? I had already set max_specpdl_size to 2600 and I had to raise it again. I have an Org file of about 10000 lines, and I am exporting x100 beamer slides and a latex document for about 200 pages . Curious to hear about other reports. Fabrice