Thanks, Vincente. I'm specifically aiming at the Markdown syntax supported by the Editorial app, which does include markup for tables. Unfortunately, it looks like Editorial's Markdown doesn't use the initial '|', so simply exporting the org markup won't work without some editing. Thanks! -pd On Sat, Jun 3, 2017, at 12:31 PM, Vicente Vera wrote: > There are several Markdown "forks" which have different sets of > features.> > AFAIK the markdown exporter in Org is based upon John Gruber's > Markdown, which does not include a syntax for tables. Thus all tables> in Org documents get exported as HTML. > > A workaround is to wrap your Org tables as: > > #+BEGIN_EXPORT md > | Name | Years | > | Edward | 44 | > | Sylvia | 45 | > #+END_EXPORT > > On export to Markdown the tables will be kept unmodified as Org > syntax.> > It is important that you know which flavor of Markdown you're > targeting, because not all versions accept tables in Org syntax. > Pandoc's Markdown have a similar syntax for "pipe tables". However, > you may type all tables in any syntax accepted by your Markdown > version and keep them wrapped in #+BEGIN_EXPORT tags. > > 2017-06-03 13:41 GMT+00:00 Peter Davis : > > > > I'd like to be able to move easily between org-mode and the IOS app > > Editorial, which is mainly based around markdown syntax. I can> > easily export markdown from org-mode, but the tables seems to come > > through as straight HTML, as opposed to markdown's table> > syntax. This makes it more difficult to edit the resulting files. > > > > Is there a way to get org to export to markdown using md's table > > syntax?> > > > (FWIW, I tried using pandoc, but this just removed the table syntax > > altogether, so an entire table would just run together into a> > paragraph of gibberish.) > > > > Thanks, > > -pd > > > > -- Peter Davis www.techcurmudgeon.com