* Can't get column view working
@ 2011-11-25 13:42 Torsten Wagner
From: Torsten Wagner @ 2011-11-25 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

after I converted all my BibTeX stuff into a org-mode file, I thought
I can create (for the first time) a column view to see nicely title,
autors, year and bibtex-key. This would look very similar to Jabrefs
table view, which I used before.
I created the following line.

#+COLUMNS: %25TITLE %10AUTHOR %5YEAR %10CUSTOM_ID

However, switching into the column-view creates the column header with
the correct spacing but all headlines are empty now. Only many spaces
later in the same row I find the ... end markers. Tab still opens the
headline and q let me switch back.
Is there anything I do wrong? I tried

#+COLUMNS: %25ITEM %10AUTHOR %5YEAR %10CUSTOM_ID

as well as

#+COLUMNS: %25ITEM

without success.

It seems the column view is not working at all for my system. I tried
the example for org-mode beamer on worg as  well as the example in the
manual. I always get long blank rows.

Any idea?

Torsten

* Re: Can't get column view working
@ 2011-11-28  3:36 ` Torsten Wagner
From: Torsten Wagner @ 2011-11-28  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi again,

could someone please confirm about the status of column view in the
present git.
I can't even get examples in worg working. All I get are long empty lines
Any ideas

Torsten

@ 2011-11-28  4:27   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-11-28  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Torsten Wagner <torsten.wagner@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> could someone please confirm about the status of column view in the
> present git.
> I can't even get examples in worg working. All I get are long empty lines
> Any ideas

C-c C-c on the #+COLUMNS: line? But if you open the file anew,
everything should be set up correctly.

In any case, it seems to be working for me: I tried

#+COLUMNS: %25TITLE %10AUTHOR %5YEAR %10CUSTOM_ID

* foo

** bar
   :PROPERTIES:
   :TITLE: Catch-22
   :AUTHOR: Joseph Heller
   :YEAR: 1967
   :CUSTOM_ID: supercalifrag
   :END:

** baz
   :PROPERTIES:
   :TITLE: Catch-23
   :AUTHOR: U.N.Known
   :YEAR: 2011
   :CUSTOM_ID: ilisticexpi
   :END:

Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.597.g7fab)

Did you try with emacs -q -l minimal.emacs? Maybe some customization
of yours is messing it up.

Nick