From: "Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com>
To: nicholas.dokos@hp.com
Cc: emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Latex export bug? Odd behavior with figures...
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 21:11:43 -1000	[thread overview]

Hi John,

Roughly speaking, the larger the floating figure the farther it will
float in LaTeX.  If there is a large floating figure at the beginning
of a group of figures, then the later ones will dam up behind it and
get pushed to the back of the document.  Often, changing figure size
by a small amount works wonders.  I often try 90% first time around,
then adjust for appearance and float placement.  This is one of the
last things one does before a final printing (adjusting figure sizes
can help eliminate widows and orphans), so you might want to work
directly on the generated .tex file, rather than try to get it right
at the org-mode stage.

HTH,
Tom