* org-agenda-clockreport-mode does not include archived entries? How to?
@ 2012-02-20  8:03 Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2012-02-20  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

Last week I archived lots of headlines in order to speed up the agenda refresh.
This week I am checking my monthly clock report in the agenda with v R (Toggle Clockreport mode).

What I find is that org-agenda-clockreport-mode does not seem to include archived entries,
which seems to be a contradiction to the documentation where I find

(org-clock-report) .. The clock table always includes also trees with :ARCHIVE: tag.

This is bad as I now have lots of "holes" in my clock report view.
How can I include archived entries?

Rainer

* Re: org-agenda-clockreport-mode does not include archived entries? How to?
@ 2012-02-20  8:36 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2012-02-20  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Feb 20, 2012, at 9:03 AM, Rainer Stengele wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Last week I archived lots of headlines in order to speed up the agenda refresh.
> This week I am checking my monthly clock report in the agenda with v R (Toggle Clockreport mode).
>
> What I find is that org-agenda-clockreport-mode does not seem to include archived entries,
> which seems to be a contradiction to the documentation where I find
>
> (org-clock-report) .. The clock table always includes also trees with :ARCHIVE: tag.

Did you archive using the ARCHIVE tag, or did you archive to a separate file?

- Carsten

@ 2012-02-20  8:39   ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2012-02-20  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Am 20.02.2012 09:36, schrieb Carsten Dominik:

> On Feb 20, 2012, at 9:03 AM, Rainer Stengele wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Last week I archived lots of headlines in order to speed up the agenda refresh.
>> This week I am checking my monthly clock report in the agenda with v R (Toggle Clockreport mode).
>>
>> What I find is that org-agenda-clockreport-mode does not seem to include archived entries,
>> which seems to be a contradiction to the documentation where I find
>>
>> (org-clock-report) .. The clock table always includes also trees with :ARCHIVE: tag.
>>

> Did you archive using the ARCHIVE tag, or did you archive to a separate file?
>
> - Carsten
>

>> This is bad as I now have lots of "holes" in my clock report view.
>> How can I include archived entries?
>>
>> Rainer

Carsten, I think I made a mistake in describing my problem.
WHat I find is that doing a "v c" in agenda to check the clock overlappings I
suddenly found lots of "holes" after archiving a lot of headlines with the ARCHIV tag.

Can I do a "v c" including the archived entries?

@ 2012-02-20 10:09     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2012-02-20 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Feb 20, 2012, at 9:39 AM, Rainer Stengele wrote:

> Am 20.02.2012 09:36, schrieb Carsten Dominik:
>>
>> On Feb 20, 2012, at 9:03 AM, Rainer Stengele wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Last week I archived lots of headlines in order to speed up the agenda refresh.
>>> This week I am checking my monthly clock report in the agenda with v R (Toggle Clockreport mode).
>>>
>>> What I find is that org-agenda-clockreport-mode does not seem to include archived entries,
>>> which seems to be a contradiction to the documentation where I find
>>>
>>> (org-clock-report) .. The clock table always includes also trees with :ARCHIVE: tag.
>>>

>> Did you archive using the ARCHIVE tag, or did you archive to a separate file?
>>
>> - Carsten
>>

>>> This is bad as I now have lots of "holes" in my clock report view.
>>> How can I include archived entries?
>>>
>>> Rainer
>>>

> Carsten, I think I made a mistake in describing my problem.
> WHat I find is that doing a "v c" in agenda to check the clock overlappings I
> suddenly found lots of "holes" after archiving a lot of headlines with the ARCHIV tag.

> Can I do a "v c" including the archived entries?

You could try to do first `v a' or even `v A' to add
archived stuff, and then `v c' to get to the clock issues.....

Not sure if it will work, but it may be worth a try.

- Carsten

> - Rainer

- Carsten

* Re: org-agenda-clockreport-mode does not include archived entries? How to?
@ 2012-02-20 12:07       ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2012-02-20 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Rainer Stengele, emacs-orgmode

>> Can I do a "v c" including the archived entries?
>

> You could try to do first `v a' or even `v A' to add
> archived stuff, and then `v c' to get to the clock issues.....
>
> Not sure if it will work, but it may be worth a try.
>
> - Carsten

v A v c works for me to include data from archive files.

Regards,
Bernt

* Re: org-agenda-clockreport-mode does not include archived entries? How to?
@ 2012-02-20 12:53       ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2012-02-20 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Am 20.02.2012 11:09, schrieb Carsten Dominik:
> On Feb 20, 2012, at 9:39 AM, Rainer Stengele wrote:

>>> Did you archive using the ARCHIVE tag, or did you archive to a separate file?
>>>
>>> - Carsten

>> Carsten, I think I made a mistake in describing my problem.
>> WHat I find is that doing a "v c" in agenda to check the clock overlappings I
>> suddenly found lots of "holes" after archiving a lot of headlines with the ARCHIV tag.
>
>> Can I do a "v c" including the archived entries?
>
> You could try to do first `v a' or even `v A' to add
> archived stuff, and then `v c' to get to the clock issues.....
>
> Not sure if it will work, but it may be worth a try.
>
> - Carsten
>
>> - Rainer
> - Carsten

Thanks! Yes, 'v a' and then 'v c' does it!
Can I build a custom agenda view including all archived trees, showing the 'v c' entries and appending the clock report?

@ 2012-02-20 16:10         ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2012-02-20 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-orgmode, Carsten Dominik

Am 20.02.2012 13:53, schrieb Rainer Stengele:

> Am 20.02.2012 11:09, schrieb Carsten Dominik:

>>> Carsten, I think I made a mistake in describing my problem.
>>> WHat I find is that doing a "v c" in agenda to check the clock overlappings I
>>> suddenly found lots of "holes" after archiving a lot of headlines with the ARCHIV tag.
>>
>>> Can I do a "v c" including the archived entries?
>>
>> You could try to do first `v a' or even `v A' to add
>> archived stuff, and then `v c' to get to the clock issues.....
>>
>> Not sure if it will work, but it may be worth a try.
>>
>> - Carsten
>>
>>> - Rainer
>> - Carsten
>
> Thanks! Yes, 'v a' and then 'v c' does it!
> Can I build a custom agenda view including all archived trees, showing the 'v c' entries and appending the clock report?
>
> - Rainer

A custom agenda command like this does show the logs and the clock report, but why do I only get a weeks overview, not a month?

	("0m" "agenda + no todos - whole month - log-mode - ARCHIVE included - clock report" agenda ""
	 ((org-agenda-sorting-strategy '(time-up priority-down))
	  (org-agenda-span 'month)
	  (org-agenda-start-with-log-mode t)
	  (org-agenda-start-with-clockreport-mode t)
	  (org-agenda-overriding-header "Month Agenda - +ARCHIVE + clockreport + 'v c' showing gaps etc.")))

@ 2012-02-20 16:32           ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-02-20 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode, Carsten Dominik

Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> wrote:

> A custom agenda command like this does show the logs and the clock report, but why do I only get a weeks overview, not a month?

> 	("0m" "agenda + no todos - whole month - log-mode - ARCHIVE included - clock report" agenda ""
> 	 ((org-agenda-sorting-strategy '(time-up priority-down))
> 	  (org-agenda-span 'month)

I was having similar problems and it turned out that I had some setting
of the (obsolete) variable org-agenda-ndays in some init file and that
was causing me problems. I hunted all the settings down, eliminated them
and use *only* org-agenda-span: things seem to work as expected. No idea
of course whether that's your problem, but it might be worth checking.

Nick

* Re: org-agenda-clockreport-mode does not include archived entries? How to?
@ 2012-02-20 16:52             ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2012-02-20 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Carsten Dominik

Am 20.02.2012 17:32, schrieb Nick Dokos:
> Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> wrote:
>
>> A custom agenda command like this does show the logs and the clock report, but why do I only get a weeks overview, not a month?

>> 	("0m" "agenda + no todos - whole month - log-mode - ARCHIVE included - clock report" agenda ""
>> 	 ((org-agenda-sorting-strategy '(time-up priority-down))
>> 	  (org-agenda-span 'month)
> I was having similar problems and it turned out that I had some setting
> of the (obsolete) variable org-agenda-ndays in some init file and that
> was causing me problems. I hunted all the settings down, eliminated them
> and use *only* org-agenda-span: things seem to work as expected. No idea
> of course whether that's your problem, but it might be worth checking.
>
> Nick

Thanks, Nick, that did it.

Having configured 'month in org-agenda-soan how can I start my agenda at the beginning of the month?
I only find org-agenda-start-on-weekday and  org-agenda-start-day, but no possibility to set the "1st of the current month".
What I really want is a calendar range for "current month" like "1st of month until and including today".

@ 2012-02-20 20:03               ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-02-20 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode, Carsten Dominik

Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> wrote:

> Having configured 'month in org-agenda-soan how can I start my agenda
> at the beginning of the month?  I only find
> org-agenda-start-on-weekday and org-agenda-start-day, but no
> possibility to set the "1st of the current month".  What I really want
> is a calendar range for "current month" like "1st of month until and
> including today".

Adding

      (org-agenda-start-day (ndk/org-first-of-month))
      (org-agenda-span 'month)

to your custom agenda command, with

(defun ndk/org-first-of-month ()
  (let ((d (calendar-current-date)))
    (calendar-absolute-from-gregorian (list (car d) 1 (caddr d)))))

should do it.

Nick

* Re: org-agenda-clockreport-mode does not include archived entries? How to?
@ 2012-02-20 20:38                 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-02-20 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> wrote:

> Adding

>       (org-agenda-start-day (ndk/org-first-of-month))
>       (org-agenda-span 'month)
>
> to your custom agenda command, with
>
> (defun ndk/org-first-of-month ()
>   (let ((d (calendar-current-date)))
>     (calendar-absolute-from-gregorian (list (car d) 1 (caddr d)))))
>
> should do it.

Same thing but somewhat more readable:

(defun ndk/org-first-of-month ()
  (let* ((d (calendar-current-date))
	 (m (calendar-extract-month d))
	 (y (calendar-extract-year d)))
    (calendar-absolute-from-gregorian (list m 1 y))))

Nick

* Re: org-agenda-clockreport-mode does not include archived entries? How to?
@ 2012-02-21  9:41                   ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2012-02-21  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Am 20.02.2012 21:38, schrieb Nick Dokos:
> Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> wrote:
>
>> Adding

>>       (org-agenda-start-day (ndk/org-first-of-month))
>>       (org-agenda-span 'month)
>>
>> to your custom agenda command, with
>>
>> (defun ndk/org-first-of-month ()
>>   (let ((d (calendar-current-date)))
>>     (calendar-absolute-from-gregorian (list (car d) 1 (caddr d)))))
>>
>> should do it.
>>

> Same thing but somewhat more readable:

> (defun ndk/org-first-of-month ()
>   (let* ((d (calendar-current-date))
> 	 (m (calendar-extract-month d))
> 	 (y (calendar-extract-year d)))
>     (calendar-absolute-from-gregorian (list m 1 y))))
>
> Nick

Hi Nick,

thanks for helping! I now see the current whole month.
Is there a variable which includes the current starting date of the agenda instead of the "calendar-current-date"?
Using that I could start my month-overview for the month I see in my agenda.

Configuring "(org-agenda-archives-mode 'trees)" also show the archived trees.
What I cannot achieve is starting the log with clockcheck mode.
"(org-agenda-show-log 'clockcheck)" does not work.

Any ideas?

- Rainer

My current config is here:

	..
	("0m" "agenda + no todos - whole month - log-mode - ARCHIVE included - clock report" agenda ""
	 (
	  (org-agenda-sorting-strategy '(time-up priority-down))
	  (org-agenda-span 'month)
	  (org-agenda-start-with-log-mode t)
	  (org-agenda-archives-mode 'trees)
	  (org-agenda-start-day (ndk/org-first-of-month))
	  (org-agenda-start-with-clockreport-mode t)
	  (org-agenda-show-log 'clockcheck)
	  ))
	..

* Re: org-agenda-clockreport-mode does not include archived entries? How to?
@ 2012-02-21 15:19                     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-02-21 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> wrote:

> Is there a variable which includes the current starting date of the
> agenda instead of the "calendar-current-date"?  Using that I could
> start my month-overview for the month I see in my agenda.

I don't know: a first look didn't uncover anything obvious, and
a second look will probably have to wail a while.

> What I cannot achieve is starting the log with clockcheck mode.
> "(org-agenda-show-log 'clockcheck)" does not work.

I really haven't done due diligence here, but this feels like a bug: I
tried setting it in my minimal .emacs, both with setq and setq-default,
as well as in the custom agenda command, but when I get to the agenda,
the value is nil, even though the global value is clockcheck. So
something seems to whack it.

Nick