* How to make python files being found by the function "executable-find"?
@ 2011-12-30 12:47 Sheng Xue
From: Sheng Xue @ 2011-12-30 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I added ".py" to the exec-suffixed :

(setq exec-suffixes (cons ".py" exec-suffixes))

but the function "exectuable-find" still can't find *.py files.  Any idea?

I am running emacs on Windows 7. Thanks.

Best regards,
Sheng

* Re: How to make python files being found by the function "executable-find"?
@ 2011-12-30 15:33 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-12-30 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sheng Xue; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Sheng Xue <xuesheng.home@gmail.com> wrote:

> I added ".py" to the exec-suffixed :
>
> (setq exec-suffixes (cons ".py" exec-suffixes))
>
> but the function "exectuable-find" still can't find *.py files.  Any idea?
>
> I am running emacs on Windows 7. Thanks.

Can't help with Windows, but when I tried it on Linux, it found a .py file:

(executable-find "ana")
"/home/nick/bin/ana.py"

Necessary prerequisites:

o my PATH included /home/nick/bin
o /home/nick/bin/ana.py is executable
o ".py" has been added to exec-suffixes as above.

In particular, executable-find will *not* find .py files (even
executable ones) in an arbitrary directory; it will also *not* find .py
files in a directory in your PATH if they are not marked executable (on
Linux, the mode of the file has to be set to something like 755 for it
to be executable).

Nick