* Cannot get exported a correctly-recalculated table generated by org-babel
@ 2013-01-27 14:57 Miguel Ruiz
From: Miguel Ruiz @ 2013-01-27 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Problem: I cannot get exported a correctly-recalculated table generated by org-babel.

Hi,

0. Windoze 7 x64, Emacs 24.pre3 r111199, Org-mode 7.9.3d (commit 08f5b0ad)
(I cannot show the results with Emacs 24.1release or Emacs 24.2release because of the Windoze heap bug#13065

 http://emacs.1067599.n5.nabble.com/bug-13065-Bug-in-x-file-dialog-with-GetOpenFileName-td271410.html)

1. Load:

# start-of-org-file

#+name: table1
| C1 | C2 | C3 |
|----+----+----|
| A  |  1 |  1 |
| B  |  2 |  2 |
| C  |  3 |  3 |

#+name: table2
| C1 | C4 | C5 |
|----+----+----|
| A  |  1 |  1 |
| B  |  2 |  2 |
| C  |  3 |  3 |

#+call: table-operations-combine-merge(table1,table2) :colnames yes
#+tblfm: $6=$5+$4+$3+$2

# end-of-org-file

2. M-: (require 'cl) RET

3. M-: (org-babel-lob-ingest 'path/to/lob-table-operations.org') RET

4. M-x org-babel-execute-buffer RET yes RET yes RET

5. M-x org-table-recalculate-buffer-tables RET

Results: tables merged and new column calculated correctly.

------
Now let's export the file:

6. M-x org-export RET b yes RET yes RET

Results: tables merged correctly and new column empty

I presume that org-export re-execute babel but does not recalculate tables.

How can I get recalculated tables through org-export:

a) Switch-off org-babel-execute-buffer in org-export?
b) Switch-on org-tables recalculate-buffer-tables AFTER org-babel-execute-buffer?

I cannot figure out the sequence in org-export or the multiple hooks available.

Thanks for this wonderful piece of software.

Miguel Ruiz.
Sevilla, Spain.

* Re: Cannot get exported a correctly-recalculated table generated by org-babel
@ 2013-01-30 10:24 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-30 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miguel Ruiz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Miguel,

Miguel Ruiz <rbenit68@yahoo.es> writes:

> How can I get recalculated tables through org-export:

> a) Switch-off org-babel-execute-buffer in org-export?
> b) Switch-on org-tables recalculate-buffer-tables AFTER org-babel-execute-buffer?
>
> I cannot figure out the sequence in org-export or the multiple hooks
> available.

I would use this one (not tested though):

(add-hook 'org-export-preprocess-hook
          'org-table-recalculate-buffer-tables)

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Cannot get exported a correctly-recalculated table generated by org-babel
@ 2013-01-30 12:11   ` Miguel Ruiz
From: Miguel Ruiz @ 2013-01-30 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Bastien

> > How can I get recalculated tables through org-export:
>
> > a) Switch-off org-babel-execute-buffer in org-export?
> > b) Switch-on org-tables recalculate-buffer-tables AFTER
> org-babel-execute-buffer?
> >
> > I cannot figure out the sequence in org-export or the
> multiple hooks
> > available.
>
> I would use this one (not tested though):
>
> (add-hook 'org-export-preprocess-hook
>            'org-table-recalculate-buffer-tables)

That goes perfect!!!

I also found