* Need tip/suggesting:org-mode for note taking
@ 2012-11-08  9:58 包乾
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: 包乾 @ 2012-11-08  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi emacser!
I have been using debian and emacs for about one year. After I get used to
the command line and basic usage of linux system, I decided to learn more
deeper in linux. During my study, I found it's hard for me to remember
every technical detail about all the things I learned--I need to take
notes.

Evernote is popular but it's not supported on linux(also it's proprietary).

Until I found a youtube video talking about org-mode+github. In this way,
basically one can write notes by org-mode, and push it to github, which is
almost the same thing evernote does.

However I should say, taking note in org-mode is just not comfortable. I
considered why it makes me uncomfortable and here is some of them:
1. I am not familiar with taking notes in plain text file. Usually plain
text file means hard to navigate, hard to read, ugly structure, to me.
Emacs could handle org file quite well, but WITHOUT emacs, on windows pc,
on mobile device, plain txt is just disaster.
2. I don't know how organize all my contents when it become more and more.
With a hand writing notebook, I have physical "pages", in Microsoft Word, I
also have virtual "pages". In org-mode org file, I don't. It's like my org
file is a endless roll of toilet paper(forgive me for being rude)! And I
think it's the main reason makes me feels so uncomfortable to handle org
file.
3. Hard to import pictures, web pages...into org file.(In fact I don't know
how).

Is there any tips or suggestion to overcome these uncomfortable feeling?
Thx in advance!