emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* Re: Org-choose
       [not found]   ` <5E0C3EFF-06FA-4446-B869-F514B6748C5E@uva.nl>
@ 2009-02-13 19:34     ` Tom Breton (Tehom)
  2009-02-13 21:34       ` Org-choose Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Tom Breton (Tehom) @ 2009-02-13 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi, Carsten.


> One more thought:  I did read in another message that you
> are using an older version of Emacs? Emacs 21?
>
> I have a vague memory that split-string might work different
> there, with empty fields at the beginning and end....
>
> I am not at all sure, though.  It it has to to, maybe
> you want to use org-split-string....

That just might be it!  I have changed it to org-split-string.  A
patch is attached.

I can't detect any difference - all tests pass either way - so I hope
you will tell me whether it works now.

> Hi Tom,
>
> first, I did apply your patch - even though I do not
> think the require org-agenda should be needed.

I agree.  But since debugging at a distance is painful, and
org-map-entries calls agenda functions, I am trying to play it safe.

One other play-it-safe change in the patch: (require 'cl) is now on
its own, not inside `eval-when-compile'.  I realized last night that I
always have `cl' loaded, so maybe that was the difference between my
setup and others'.

> I also did make the change (not pushed yet) 'org -> "org", also because
> this is compatible with XEmacs, the symbol version not.

Thank you.  And thank you for your patience with this.

Tom Breton (Tehom)

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: Org-choose
  2009-02-13 19:34     ` Org-choose Tom Breton (Tehom)
@ 2009-02-13 21:34       ` Carsten Dominik
  2009-02-13 22:29         ` Org-choose Tom Breton (Tehom)
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-13 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Breton (Tehom); +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Tom,

thanks, this patch seems to fix at least the problem I was having.

I see that you now require 'cl also during runtime, which is
probably (?) because you are also calling some functions,
not only macros?

If we decide to move org-choose into the Org core at some point,
then we would have to change this, because Emacs rules require
that cl is only required during compilation.

I think that is a pity because it is *so* useful, but
there you go.

So, maybe at some point you might want to replace the cl functions
with other code.


On Feb 13, 2009, at 8:34 PM, Tom Breton (Tehom) wrote:
>
> That just might be it!  I have changed it to org-split-string.  A
> patch is attached.
>
> I can't detect any difference - all tests pass either way - so I hope
> you will tell me whether it works now.

It does!  And I like it, I am already using it.  Also, because it opens
the possibility to think of more nice things to do with TODO keywords.
>
> Thank you.  And thank you for your patience with this.

Of course!  Thank you for your contributions!

- Carsten

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: Org-choose
  2009-02-13 21:34       ` Org-choose Carsten Dominik
@ 2009-02-13 22:29         ` Tom Breton (Tehom)
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Tom Breton (Tehom) @ 2009-02-13 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Hi Tom,
>
> thanks, this patch seems to fix at least the problem I was having.

Glad to hear it!

> I see that you now require 'cl also during runtime, which is
> probably (?) because you are also calling some functions,
> not only macros?

Yes.  The configuration difficulties made me think about that, and I
realized I really should do it cleanly.

> If we decide to move org-choose into the Org core at some point,
> then we would have to change this, because Emacs rules require
> that cl is only required during compilation.

I know.  That was my motivation for originally putting it in
`eval-when-compile'.

> I think that is a pity because it is *so* useful, but
> there you go.

My sentiments exactly.

> So, maybe at some point you might want to replace the cl functions
> with other code.

Yes.  I don't think there's any rush.

Tom Breton (Tehom)

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2009-02-13 22:29 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
     [not found] <273688C0-9A36-47D5-B747-A1371C2BD05A@uva.nl>
     [not found] ` <1782.65.96.63.84.1234471662.squirrel@mail.panix.com>
     [not found]   ` <5E0C3EFF-06FA-4446-B869-F514B6748C5E@uva.nl>
2009-02-13 19:34     ` Org-choose Tom Breton (Tehom)
2009-02-13 21:34       ` Org-choose Carsten Dominik
2009-02-13 22:29         ` Org-choose Tom Breton (Tehom)

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).