On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 22:00 +0000, Shelagh Manton wrote: > On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 21:40:49 +0200, Rainer M Krug wrote: > > > On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 8:34 PM, Matt Price > > wrote: > > > >> Hi, > >> > >> I;m getting more and more used to using org for my own writing > >> purposes, and love it. But I still find it pretty difficult to work > >> with word-processor users whoexpect to get a doument in .doc or .odt > >> formats. I've just found odt2org > >> (http://mantiel.wikidot.com/os:odt2org) which looks great for importing > >> odt files into org; but my main concern right now is getting things > >> from org-mode out into odt or doc. May i ask what other people tend to > >> do in this situation? I I guess I could export to html, then import in > >> Openoffice, then edit & save as odf, but this seems a little > >> cumbersome. If someone has a better solution I'd love to hear it. > >> > >> > > Oh - and ther is also: > > > > mk4ht oolatex > > > > which converts LaTeX to odt. > > > > Cheers, > > > > Rainer > > > Wouldn't the org-docbook package be suitable as there are docbook to odt > transformers (which makes sense as odt is a type of xml like docbook) > > http://open.comsultia.com/docbook2odf/ might be helpful. > > Shelagh > > thanks to everyone for their advice -- I'm going to try these all out & if I have any constructive commetns I'll report them back. It's a little duanting for me, as a non-latex user, to try to figure out how to get documentsl ooking about how I want them to -- the default output of the latex export has way too much whitespace for my tastes -- but I guess I hsould be able to figure those issues out somehow. thanks again! matt