On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 22:04 +0100, David Maus wrote: > At Wed, 02 Dec 2009 08:43:51 -0500, > Matt Price wrote: > > > > [1 ] > > [1.1 ] > > On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 20:57 -0300, Darlan Cavalcante Moreira wrote: > > > I use wanderlust for email (including this list) and it works really well with > > > imap. I was somewhat hard to configure, but now that everything is working I > > > don't feel like going back to my previous e-mail client (evolution). > > > > > > > darlan, would you be willing to share your config for wl? i can't seem > > to make any headway with it at all. i'm just looking for a light > > emacs-based mail reader/imap client on my aging laptop, which is mostly > > an emacs machine now. GNUS can see my mail, but it's just so heavy for > > what i'm looking for, and also doesn't seem to want to honor the imap > > conventions in terms of hiding deleted messages, which is sort of > > essential for me as things stand. > > Just pushed my Wanderlust configuration to github: > > http://github.com/dmj/dotfiles/blob/master/.wl > > A simple configuration: I use a local imap server to access my mails > and gmail to send. What helped me to get in touch with Wanderlust > after an unsuccessful attempt was this blog posting: > > http://emacs-fu.blogspot.com/2009/06/e-mail-with-wanderlust.html > > - describing a setup with a local maildir storage. > thanks david, and also to eric, who sent me his. With both your help I have wanderlust up and running, though still with some confusions (how do I hide read or deleted messages? why won't wl actually send any mail? etc.). I'm sure i'll be able to clear those up soon, though. Anyway, thanks. matt > Regards, > > -- David > -- Matt Price matt.price@utoronto.ca