From: Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>
To: Nicolas Girard <nicolas.girard@nerim.net>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: org-follow-link-in-same-window
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 11:38:00 +0200	[thread overview]

On Jun 27, 2009, at 10:41 AM, Nicolas Girard wrote:

> Hi all,
> when clicking on a link, I whish I could choose between
> - following it in another window (the current behaviour, which I'm
> often fine with, but not always);
> - following it in the same window
>
> I tried to create a new function, org-follow-link-in-same-window,
> and bind it to a key.
>
> As for the key binding, I couldn't get down-mouse-2 to work, as
> initially expected. I tried the following bindings:
>
> (add-hook 'org-load-hook
>       '(lambda ()
>          (define-key org-mouse-map [C-down-mouse-1]  'org-follow-
> link-in-same-window)
>          (define-key org-mouse-map [down-mouse-2]    'org-follow-
> link-in-same-window)
>          (define-key org-mouse-map [C-down-mouse-2]  'org-follow-
> link-in-same-window)
>          (define-key org-mouse-map [s-down-mouse-1]  'org-follow-
> link-in-same-window)
>          (define-key org-mouse-map [s-mouse-1]       'org-follow-
> link-in-same-window)))
>
> I found none of them to work *but* the latest, [s-mouse-1].
> (I'm not fond of incantations, so when emacs leaves me under the
> impression that some kind of black magic is happening, I always feel
> a little upset.
> Anyway, i'm digressing, and after all I'm fine with [s-mouse-1].)
>
> Now, as for the function, I came to the following:
>
> (defun org-follow-link-in-same-window (ev)
>   (interactive "e")
>   (let ((org-display-internal-link-with-indirect-buffer t))
>     (save-excursion
>       (set-buffer (window-buffer (posn-window (event-end ev))))
>     (select-window (posn-window (event-end ev)))
>     (org-open-at-mouse ev)))
>
> which doesn't work. I mean, it does follow the link, but not in the
> same window.

When following a link, Org does all kinds of things, including
possibly searching for a particular place in a file.  So it is best
to let Org do its thing, but to scope a different value of
org-link-frame-setup.  Like so:

(defun org-open-at-mouse-same-window (ev)
   "Open file link or URL at mouse."
   (interactive "e")
   (mouse-set-point ev)
   (if (eq major-mode 'org-agenda-mode)
       (org-agenda-copy-local-variable 'org-link-abbrev-alist-local))
   (let ((org-link-frame-setup
	 '((vm . vm-visit-folder)
	   (gnus . gnus)
	   (file . find-file))))