From: Phil Regier <pregier@ittc.ku.edu>
To: Fletcher Charest <fletcher.charest@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Is there an environment for Org syntax?
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 17:13:36 -0500 (CDT)	[thread overview]

I had thought that '#+begin_src org :exports code' would do just this, though I believe you have to then begin each line with a comma inside the block.

For me, the following:

#+begin_src org :exports code
,#+begin_src org :exports code
,#+end_src
#+end_src

produces Org code via the HTML and Latex export backends.  I think there are syntax highlighting export extensions in the wild (just search the web for something like 'org export syntax highlighting' to see a diverse collection of proposed solutions; Pygments appears to be a common theme, though I know nothing about it), but AFAIK they are not distributed with Org at this time.

Does that at least address the first part of your inquiry?  Sorry I couldn't offer anything actionable for the second; maybe someone else can pick up where I left off.

Phil