* Get al formula's in the table
@ 2007-06-21 15:40 Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2007-06-21 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

When you want to edit a formula, you give 'C-u C-u C-c ='. What would be
nice is a combination with wich al the formula's are put back into the
cell's.

--
Cecil Westerhof <CecilWesterhof@xs4all.nl>

* Re: Get al formula's in the table
@ 2007-06-29 16:30 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-06-29 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cecil Westerhof; +Cc: org-mode

On Jun 21, 2007, at 17:40, Cecil Westerhof wrote:

> When you want to edit a formula, you give 'C-u C-u C-c ='. What would
> be
> nice is a combination with wich al the formula's are put back into the
> cell's.

Putting all formulas back is a problem because of column formulas.
Where should they be?  Also, then we would need a command that
re-reads and re-implements all formulas from each field.
Very likely this will go wrong, because some formulas will
replace references to other fields with formulas instead
of values, causing Calc to produce errors, and all the
formulas are lost!

Have you tried the formula editor, C-c ' (that is C-c and the quote)
as an alternative?  It is quite powerful and highlights referenced
fields while you edit the formulas.

- Carsten