Ihor Radchenko writes: > [...] > Calling `org-columns--clean-item' is a must to create a valid table. True. Additionally, it would seem advisable to call `org-quote-vert' on the data, too, as `org-columns--clean-item' does not take care of vertical bars? This is done in a previous step in `org-columns--capture-view', however, so that the vertical bars get converted to "\vert" before the formatting function gets called. `org-link-heading-search-string', and `org-link-make-string' (both called from the formatting function _after_ `org-columns--clean-item') OTOH take care of the link's path and description parts being appropriate for a link. Thus, we have both layers of safeguarding: "link-safe" data is generated from "table-safe" data. > [...] >> 2) Considering what happens when I do `org-store-link' and >> `org-insert-link', it would seem more advisable to: >> [...] > > I do not recall seeing `org-store-link' in the patches you submitted. > So, I am not sure what you are talking about. May you elaborate? > [...] Apologies for not having been clear enough. With "when I do" I wanted to refer to the "cleanup" of headline text when using `org-store-link' and `org-insert-link' interactively. I have moved the link generation to the formatting function as mentioned. This also removes the need for any new function parameters, since the formatting function receives the dynamic block's parameter list, which contains a :link property when set in the #+BEGIN line. Kindly find updated patches below. I hope to have succeeded in addressing all your comments; that was my intention at least. Many thanks and looking forward to your thoughts, --alexander