My previous fix was mistaken. Not sure why it passed tests; I have two theories. Regardless, it was wrong. Current `(org-outline-level)' seems the correct "LEVEL=" matcher argument to make `org-map-entries' find only an item's immediate children. (Operated on by `org-reduced-level' of course) I don't quite understand why. Second, I may have solved the mystery of how the bug got by me before. `org-map-entries' used to place point at the beginning of an item, a fact which I used to recognize visiting the same item. That seems to have changed between org versions. Third, I have fixed the real bug - properly now, I hope! - and attached a patch. Tom Breton (Tehom)