* Delays in mailing list server?
@ 2011-06-16 15:27 Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-06-16 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: nicholas.dokos

I replied to Fil earlier through the list (not sure if the direct reply
to him got there quickly) and it took a long time for the round-trip
through the list server to get back to me:

,----
`----

It looks as if it bounced around lists.gnu.org for 36 minutes or so.
Anybody else seeing these delays?

Nick

* Re: Delays in mailing list server?
@ 2011-06-16 20:32 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2011-06-16 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Nick,

Nick Dokos wrote:
> I replied to Fil earlier through the list (not sure if the direct reply
> to him got there quickly) and it took a long time for the round-trip
> through the list server to get back to me:
>
> ,----
> `----
>
> It looks as if it bounced around lists.gnu.org for 36 minutes or so.
> Anybody else seeing these delays?

I can't comment on the ML delays, as I'm reading these posts thru Gmane. But I
can tell I often see very looong delays (many hours, sometimes) -- though I'm
never able to tell who's the culprit.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

@ 2011-06-17  3:09   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-06-17  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Sebastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> wrote:

> Nick Dokos wrote:
> > It looks as if it bounced around lists.gnu.org for 36 minutes or so.
> > Anybody else seeing these delays?
>
> I can't comment on the ML delays, as I'm reading these posts thru Gmane. But I
> can tell I often see very looong delays (many hours, sometimes) -- though I'm
> never able to tell who's the culprit.

FWIW, it seems to be cured now: within a minute, I have both
the copy I mail to myself, and the copy back from the mailing
list. Previously, I'd get the first one within a minute, but
the second one would take an hour (+- a half hour).

Nick