* Keyword completion.
@ 2009-08-22 11:25 Noorul Islam
From: Noorul Islam @ 2009-08-22 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all,

In an org-file I typed in #+A followed by ESC-Tab. I got a completion
list window in which I clicked on AUTHOR using mouse . It actually
replaced everything in the line with AUTHOR. I think it should have
inserted AUTHOR after #+ which is the behavior when we try to complete
with ESC-TAB.

Thanks and Regards
Noorul

* Re: Keyword completion.
@ 2009-08-22 13:18 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2009-08-22 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noorul Islam; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Noorul Islam <gnukid@gmail.com> writes:

> In an org-file I typed in #+A followed by ESC-Tab. I got a completion
> list window in which I clicked on AUTHOR using mouse . It actually
> replaced everything in the line with AUTHOR. I think it should have
> inserted AUTHOR after #+ which is the behavior when we try to complete
> with ESC-TAB.

I can't replicate this. With completion,

#+A

becomes

#+AUTHOR

Best,
Matt

* Re: Keyword completion.
@ 2009-08-22 13:45   ` Noorul Islam
From: Noorul Islam @ 2009-08-22 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 6:48 PM, Matt Lundin<mdl@imapmail.org> wrote:
> Noorul Islam <gnukid@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> In an org-file I typed in #+A followed by ESC-Tab. I got a completion
>> list window in which I clicked on AUTHOR using mouse . It actually
>> replaced everything in the line with AUTHOR. I think it should have
>> inserted AUTHOR after #+ which is the behavior when we try to complete
>> with ESC-TAB.
>
> I can't replicate this. With completion,
>
> #+A
>
> becomes
>
> #+AUTHOR

Did you use the mouse for selection?

Thanks
Noorul

* Re: Keyword completion.
@ 2009-08-22 13:49     ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2009-08-22 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noorul Islam; +Cc: Matt Lundin, emacs-orgmode

Noorul Islam wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 6:48 PM, Matt Lundin<mdl@imapmail.org> wrote:
> > Noorul Islam <gnukid@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> In an org-file I typed in #+A followed by ESC-Tab. I got a completion
> >> list window in which I clicked on AUTHOR using mouse . It actually
> >> replaced everything in the line with AUTHOR. I think it should have
> >> inserted AUTHOR after #+ which is the behavior when we try to complete
> >> with ESC-TAB.
> >
> > I can't replicate this. With completion,
> >
> > #+A
> >
> > becomes
> >
> > #+AUTHOR
>
> Did you use the mouse for selection?

Yes. I tried it both with the mouse and with RET.

Best,
Matt

* Re: Keyword completion.
@ 2009-08-22 14:22       ` Noorul Islam
From: Noorul Islam @ 2009-08-22 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 7:19 PM, Matt Lundin<mdl@imapmail.org> wrote:
> Noorul Islam wrote:

>> > I can't replicate this. With completion,
>> >
>> > #+A
>> >
>> > becomes
>> >
>> > #+AUTHOR
>>
>> Did you use the mouse for selection?
>
> Yes. I tried it both with the mouse and with RET.

I tried again,

My emacs version.

GNU Emacs 23.0.60 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9) of
2008-06-21 on noorul

Did anyone else face the same problem?

Thanks,
Noorul

* Re: Keyword completion.
@ 2009-08-22 14:50         ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-08-22 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noorul Islam; +Cc: Matt Lundin, emacs-orgmode

Noorul Islam wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 7:19 PM, Matt Lundin<mdl@imapmail.org> wrote:
> > Noorul Islam wrote:

> >> Did you use the mouse for selection?
> >
> > Yes. I tried it both with the mouse and with RET.
> >

> I tried again,
>
> My emacs version.
>
> GNU Emacs 23.0.60 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9) of
> 2008-06-21 on noorul

That's a fairly old development version of emacs.

The stable version of emacs 23 was released last month. Perhaps
upgrading to emacs 23.1 will solve the issue.

Best,
Matt

* Re: Re: Keyword completion.
@ 2009-08-23  0:49         ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2009-08-23  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noorul Islam; +Cc: Matt Lundin, emacs-orgmode

Noorul Islam <gnukid@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 7:19 PM, Matt Lundin<mdl@imapmail.org> wrote:
> > Noorul Islam wrote:

> >> Did you use the mouse for selection?
> >
> > Yes. I tried it both with the mouse and with RET.
> >

> I tried again,
>
> My emacs version.
>
> GNU Emacs 23.0.60 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9) of
> 2008-06-21 on noorul
>
> Did anyone else face the same problem?

I can't reproduce this either:

#+A bcd

put the cursor after A, hit Esc-TAB, click on AUTHOR, I get

#+AUTHOR: bcd

I tried both with and without the bcd part - works fine in either case.

Version info:

GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9) of 2009-08-09 on gamaville.dokosmarshall.org
Org-mode version 6.29trans (release_6.29c.55.ga48f)

HTH,
Nick

* Re: Re: Keyword completion.
@ 2009-09-01 14:47           ` Noorul Islam
From: Noorul Islam @ 2009-09-01 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: Matt Lundin, emacs-orgmode

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 6:19 AM, Nick Dokos<nicholas.dokos@hp.com> wrote:
> Noorul Islam <gnukid@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Yes. I tried it both with the mouse and with RET.
>> >

>> I tried again,
>>
>> My emacs version.
>>
>> GNU Emacs 23.0.60 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9) of
>> 2008-06-21 on noorul
>>
>> Did anyone else face the same problem?
>>

> I can't reproduce this either:
>
> #+A bcd
>
> put the cursor after A, hit Esc-TAB, click on AUTHOR, I get
>
> #+AUTHOR: bcd
>
> I tried both with and without the bcd part - works fine in either case.
>
> Version info:
>
> GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9) of 2009-08-09 on gamaville.dokosmarshall.org
> Org-mode version 6.29trans (release_6.29c.55.ga48f)

This works on my work laptop. It looks like something is wrong with my
personal laptop setup.

Thanks
Noorul