On 2016-10-07 22:38, Adam Porter wrote: > I understand the motivation for making this change, but I respectfully > request that this be made configurable. I much prefer the "clean" links > without visible brackets, and adding them would seem like a regression > to me. I'm guessing that many current Org users would also prefer to > keep the brackets invisible. Adam, what do you think of my earlier suggestion (displaying the brackets when the pointer is on them, hiding them otherwise? (In the style of prettify-symbols-mode with unprettify-symbol-at-point) Cheers, Clément.