Hi Scott, I do not think it makes sense to automatically produce these files. Among other things, it would mean that the extra files are produces for every single export of a file. If you want external files, You likely will use the same for a set of pages. After pulling the latest version you can do this: 1. prepare any style files and script files you want to use 2. do this (setq org-export-html-style-include-default nil) (setq org-export-html-style-include-scripts nil) (setq org-export-html-style " ") Instead of the last setting, you can also use #+STYLE in a file to specify the style files for this particular page. HTH - Carsten > On Mar 7, 2009, at 3:30 AM, srandby@gmail.com wrote: > Greetings, > > When I export (using org-mode 6.23) to html an org file that has > options for org-info.js, the html file contains this: > > > > Earlier versions of org-mode exported scripts this way: > > > > Today, I discovered that the first script listed above will work > with Firefox, but not with Safari (I don't know about IE). After > some research, I discovered several fixes, including the old way of > exporting, the easiest being: > > > > > I realize there are issues here with the differences between html > browsers and xml browsers, so I've decided that I would like to have > scripts (and styles) exported as separate files. Is this possible? > > When I export my org file to html, the html file contains one style > section and two script sections. If these three were instead > exported to separate files, that would eliminate the need to worry > about how to enclose styles and scripts with comments in a way that > works for all browsers. Of course, then org-mode would be creating > four files instead of one, but I would like to have this option. > Everything I've read about this matter recommends keeping styles and > scripts as external files. > > When I create the three files manually and edit the html file > appropriately, the html file lacks all the style and script code > which is replaced by: > > > > > > > > Here gen-style.css contains the style generated by org-mode, > style.css is my own style, org-html.js is the first script generated > by org-mode, and mystery.js is the second script generated by org- > mode (it is mysterious to me). > > Scott Randby > > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode