The attached patch (relative to yesterday's state of the orgmode git repository) adds the possibility to have org-mode links to IMAP folders in VM and to messages inside IMAP folders. It requires VM 8.2.0a or later. IMAP links have the format vm-imap:account:imap-folder-name for a folder and vm-imap:account:imap-folder-name#message-id for a message. The account:imap-folder notation is the same that is used in VM when entering a folder name in the minibuffer. I ended up creating a new link type (vm-imap) instead of overloading the vm link type with some cryptic syntax. This also seems more consistent with how VM considers IMAP folders to be in a separate universe from local folders. I hope this will be useful to others! Konrad.