* column view: hiding :PROPERTIES:, and overriding edit restrictions
@ 2009-03-14  3:10 news
From: news @ 2009-03-14  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
    when I enter column view I can cycle through tree visibility
    settings by hitting the tab key, but can only hide the :PROPERTIES:
    line under the top heading if I fold the tree completely.
    I want to be able to see all headings, but no :PROPERTIES:
    How can I do this?
    Also.. how can I override the restriction that prevents me from
    editing a value when there is a corresponding formula and the header
    has children: "The value is computed from the entry's children"
    When using my previously posted org-columns-content function, I
    may be only interested in accumulating values to the top level, and
    not intermediate levels. So I may want to be able to edit these
    intermediate level headings.

--
aleblanc

* Re: column view: hiding :PROPERTIES:, and overriding edit restrictions
@ 2009-03-14  7:38 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-03-14  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: news; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mar 14, 2009, at 4:10 AM, <news@aleblanc.cotse.net> <news@aleblanc.cotse.net
 > wrote:

> Hi,
>   when I enter column view I can cycle through tree visibility
>   settings by hitting the tab key, but can only hide the :PROPERTIES:
>   line under the top heading if I fold the tree completely.
>   I want to be able to see all headings, but no :PROPERTIES:
>   How can I do this?
>   Also.. how can I override the restriction that prevents me from
>   editing a value when there is a corresponding formula and the header
>   has children: "The value is computed from the entry's children"
>   When using my previously posted org-columns-content function, I
>   may be only interested in accumulating values to the top level, and
>   not intermediate levels. So I may want to be able to edit these
>   intermediate level headings.

Hi,

press "c" for content view.

- Carsten