From: Markus Heller <hellerm2@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Issue with "non-existing" agenda file
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 14:51:09 -0700	[thread overview]

Eric S Fraga <ucecesf@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 11:57:14 -0700, Markus Heller <hellerm2@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'm stuck with a weird issue:
>>
>> When I tried to invoke any agenda view, e.g. C-c a a, I get the
>> following message in the minibuffer:
>>
>> non-existing agenda file h:/org/career.org [R]emove from list or
>> [A]bort?
>>
>> I type "R" to remove it, get my agenda view, and then I switch the
>> buffer to Career.org and hit C-[ and get "file added to front of agenda
>> list", but when I try C-c a a again, I get the message above about the
>> non-existing agenda file.
>>
>> What's going on here?
>>
>> Thanks and Cheers
>> Markus
>>
>> PS: My org is 7.01trans, release_7.01h-229-gb212 on emacs 23.1
>
> I assume you're on MS Windows here...  what is the value of
> org-agenda-files after you add the file?  is case (Career versus
> career) an issue?  You say "I switch the buffer to Career.org"; have
> you actually saved the file?

So I checked, and org-agenda-files contains the correct capitalization.

After repeatedly getting stuck in the add-remove cycle (hitting "R"
followed by the same message, about 5 or 6 times), I am happy to
report that everything is back to working, and I will attribute this
event to me being a noob.

Sorry for the noise.

@Eric: Yes, the file was saved.