Nicolas, > It sounds like you took the opposite route. I suggested to first write a function, `org-edit-latex-fragment'. I wanted to see how it would fit in first ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ > Once done, you can insert it in `org-edit-special', but it boils down to adding a line there, right below (`inline-src-block ...): For that to work though, i.e. adding something of the form (latex-fragment ...) I'd want a `latex-fragment type to be returned from org-element-at-point wouldn't I? At the moment running (org-element-at-point) inside \( … \) yields paragraph. Can I really get away without modifying anything more than org-edit-special and writing org-edit-latex-fragment ? Timothy On May 19 2020, at 5:39 pm, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Timothy writes: > With your comments in mind I started by looking at org-edit-special, > and managed to get as far as org-element--current-element: but at this > point I'm stumped. It sounds like you took the opposite route. I suggested to first write a function, `org-edit-latex-fragment'. Once done, you can insert it in `org-edit-special', but it boils down to adding a line there, right below (`inline-src-block ...): (`latex-fragment (org-edit-latex-fragments)) You really don't need to mess with `org-element--current-element' for this task. > I'll look into getting FSF papers signed, it sounds like they may come > in handy :) Great!