* LaTeX export of lists
@ 2010-11-27 22:02 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2010-11-27 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aloha all,

Is there an easy way to keep text following a list with the list, i.e,
without a blank line following the list, during export?

* List
   1. First item
   2. Second item
Following text.

Gets exported as:

\section{List}
\label{sec-1}

\begin{enumerate}
\item First item
\item Second item
\end{enumerate}

Following text.

I don't want a blank line between \end{enumerate} and "Following text."

I looked through the documentation and browsed the list archive to no
avail, but I might have missed what I was looking for.

All the best,
Tom

* Re: LaTeX export of lists
@ 2010-11-28  6:40 ` Richard Lawrence
From: Richard Lawrence @ 2010-11-28  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Tom,

> Is there an easy way to keep text following a list with the list, i.e,
> without a blank line following the list, during export?
>
> * List
>   1. First item
>   2. Second item
> Following text.
>
> Gets exported as:
>
> \section{List}
> \label{sec-1}
>
> \begin{enumerate}
> \item First item
> \item Second item
> \end{enumerate}
>
> Following text.
>
> I don't want a blank line between \end{enumerate} and "Following text."

Is this because you don't want to start a new paragraph in LaTeX?  I
have used \noindent on the occasions when I have run into this issue.

* List
  1. First item
  2. Second item
\noindent
Following text

Not necessarily pretty, but it works, if you're just looking to prevent
indentation.

Best,
Richard

* Re: Re: LaTeX export of lists