On 30.5.2013, at 04:43, Xiao-Yong Jin wrote: > Hi, > > In org-faces.el, > > (when (fboundp 'set-face-attribute) > ;; Make sure that a fixed-width face is used when we have a column table. > (set-face-attribute 'org-column nil > :height (face-attribute 'default :height) > :family (face-attribute 'default :family))) Hi Xiao, I remember that I struggled with the problem that I had to make sure that column view used a fixed-width face - and this was the solution that worked - not a particular pretty one, admittedly. Do you have an idea on how to change this code that it will always work? I'd be very happy to accept a good patch. - Carsten > > I understand why you did this, but it is not quite logical, and somewhat invasive. First, you certainly do not do this with org-table. Then why org-column specifically? Second, it overwrites the the value I set in the emacs theme or custom-set-faces. Third, the end result is quite bizarre and odd-looking. The "default" height and "default" family is some how not what I set for the frame, because the font family and size is set when emacs starts up and loaded the org-mode. When I use set-frame-font or text-scale-adjust, org-column will stick with the old font family and size. In fact, because the font family for org-column and org-column-title are different, the result is just bad. > > I don't think it is only my problem, but I'll describe my setup for themes/font. I use default-frame-alist to set the font family and size—The above code will not pick up this setup. I use load-theme and enable-theme to load the theme I want. Sometimes I use set-frame-font or text-scale-adjust to get a pleasantly looking texts temporary. I usually use fixed-width font, so the above code is not doing any good. > > For the time being, I commented out the above code. > > Best, > Xiao-Yong >