From: "Tom Davey" <tom@tomdavey.com>
To: <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: RE: [BUG] Agenda no longer works for timestamps inside properties drawer [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-24-g668205 @ /home/ignacio/repos/emacs/lisp/org/)]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 11:58:16 -0400	[thread overview]

Ihor writes:

> I personally see allowing timestamps (and links) inside property values as a useful feature.
> Would it be of interest for other users?

Yes, it's a quite useful feature. For years, via my Capture templates, I've been adding a property named :Created: to the properties drawer as follows:

:PROPERTIES:
:Created:  <2022-03-06 Sun 22:42>
:END:

Now, in 9.5.2, literally hundreds of entries that formerly appeared on the built-in Agenda views cannot be easily found.

Regards to all,
Tom

PS The variable 'org-agenda-skip-additional-timestamps-same-entry seemed expressly made for my use case, to clean up same-day clutter in entries with a TODO timestamp.

--
Tom Davey
tom@tomdavey.com