* Parentheses in section titles interfere with on-screen font choice
@ 2020-04-27  9:48 Richard Stanton
From: Richard Stanton @ 2020-04-27  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When using org mode (9.3.6), I’ve noticed that putting parentheses into a section title seems to change the font used to display the title on the screen. So, for example, on my machine

* Heading

displays in a red font.

If I add something in parentheses, e.g.,

* Heading (with parentheses)

the title now displays in grey. As I’m typing, the font change occurs the moment I type the first character after the open parenthesis.

The behavior is similar for lower level headers too. Is this deliberate? And if so, is there a way to put parentheses into section titles without interfering with the display font?

Thanks.

Richard Stanton

* Re: Parentheses in section titles interfere with on-screen font choice
@ 2020-04-27 10:00 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2020-04-27 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Stanton; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Richard Stanton <rhstanton@berkeley.edu> writes:

> When using org mode (9.3.6), I’ve noticed that putting parentheses
> into a section title seems to change the font used to display the
> title on the screen. So, for example, on my machine
>
> * Heading
>
> displays in a red font.
>
> If I add something in parentheses, e.g.,
>
> * Heading (with parentheses)
>
> the title now displays in grey. As I’m typing, the font change occurs the moment I type the first character after the open parenthesis.
>
> The behavior is similar for lower level headers too. Is this
> deliberate? And if so, is there a way to put parentheses into section
> titles without interfering with the display font?

I cannot reproduce it. Is there something in your config?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Parentheses in section titles interfere with on-screen font choice
@ 2020-04-27 10:14   ` Richard Stanton
From: Richard Stanton @ 2020-04-27 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I’ll investigate further...