On 28 Jul, 2012, at 11:27 , Bastien wrote: > I cannot apply it because it adds keywords at the wrong place. > For example you cannot add "startup:" in the first (cond ((...))) > because "startup:" is not a "backend specific content." And some > other discrepencies. OK, I understand. I should have spent some more time trying to understand the code. > I'd welcome a patch for removing more flyspell overlays, but it > has to be rewritten. I'm not using flyspell so someone else will > have to do roll his sleeves. I'd be willing to put in the effort to make a proper patch, but I need some help to understand what is going on in this function. It is not obvious to me. The places flyspell-overlays needs to be removed are in the startup, options, latex_header. Some of structures that might be used in latex like lstlisting and verbatim where the text also should not have flyspell-overlays. There are also some other places like label, caption and attr.