* Bugs report
@ 2007-07-14  0:01 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-07-14  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten and all,

i didn't find the time to explore org's new functionalities (properties
& column view), but i won't allow myself to dive into it before i send
you some bug reports and feature suggestions :)

- The new C-e: when there is no tag on the line, C-e goes at the
  beginning of the line.

- Combining orgstruct-mode and message-mode is not okay since C-c C-c
  (the typical sequence for sending the message) makes org complaining.

- Org-mode is so powerful that i tend to use it on the top of .txt files
  (mostly drafts). It recently happened that i exported such a file to
  ASCII using org-export, and the new .txt overwrote the old file
  without asking.

- I've read all those discussions on indentation and it works just fine
  now. I shall have one request though. Consider a list item beginning
  with a checkbox:

  - [ ] This is an example.
    ^   ^
    1   2

  The next line goes directly at point 1, which is fine in most of the
  cases. But sometimes i think it's better if it goes at point 2. I
  thought TAB would do the job, and i think this expectation is quite
  natural... but i might be wrong.

- Relative filenames in links might be misleading in TODOs overview. For
  example, i list the TODOs i've to get rid of (with TODO Overview: C-c
  a T TODO RET), then i press C-c C-o on a link, then emacs opens a
  blank file because i'm not in the appropriate directory.

  Maybe it's too complicated to make the opening of links context-aware,
  but i guess one might have some kind of kind warning here...

Hey! That's all. As you see, just being a bit fussy on tiny points. I
guess you prefered when i was forced to stay away from my computer :)

Thanks again!

PS: i'll try to make a screencast on links, 'cause i like links.

--
Bastien

* Re: Bugs report
@ 2007-07-14  5:27 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-07-14  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jul 14, 2007, at 2:01, Bastien wrote:

> Hi Carsten and all,
>
> i didn't find the time to explore org's new functionalities (properties
> & column view), but i won't allow myself to dive into it before i send
> you some bug reports and feature suggestions :)
>

> - The new C-e: when there is no tag on the line, C-e goes at the
>   beginning of the line.

Fixed, see Scott's message and my reply from yesterday.

> - Combining orgstruct-mode and message-mode is not okay since C-c C-c
>   (the typical sequence for sending the message) makes org complaining.

Stupid bug, this is fixed, thanks!

> - Org-mode is so powerful that i tend to use it on the top of .txt
> files
>   (mostly drafts). It recently happened that i exported such a file to
>   ASCII using org-export, and the new .txt overwrote the old file
>   without asking.

Bummer!  Hmm, how should we handle this?  file.txt.txt?  Or a query?

> - I've read all those discussions on indentation and it works just fine
>   now. I shall have one request though. Consider a list item beginning
>   with a checkbox:
>
>   - [ ] This is an example.
>     ^   ^
>     1   2

Hmmmm. Does look good, I must admit.  Now sure how to make
this work with M-q wrapping.  But I am putting it on the list.

> - Relative filenames in links might be misleading in TODOs overview.
> For
>   example, i list the TODOs i've to get rid of (with TODO Overview: C-c
>   a T TODO RET), then i press C-c C-o on a link, then emacs opens a
>   blank file because i'm not in the appropriate directory.

Yes, this was reported before, need to find a fix for this.

> Hey! That's all. As you see, just being a bit fussy on tiny points. I
> guess you prefered when i was forced to stay away from my computer :)
>
> Thanks again!
>
> PS: i'll try to make a screencast on links, 'cause i like links.

That would be cool.

- Carsten

* Re: Bugs report
@ 2007-07-14 13:19   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-07-14 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

>> - Org-mode is so powerful that i tend to use it on the top of .txt files
>>   (mostly drafts). It recently happened that i exported such a file to
>>   ASCII using org-export, and the new .txt overwrote the old file
>>   without asking.
>
> Bummer! Hmm, how should we handle this? file.txt.txt? Or a query?

I guess a query is okay, since this situation is not likely to happen
very often.

>>   - [ ] This is an example.
>>     ^   ^
>>     1   2
>
> Hmmmm. Does look good, I must admit.  Now sure how to make
> this work with M-q wrapping.  But I am putting it on the list.

I would say this is more an issue for TAB than M-q. Filling can be left
as it is, while pressing tab should better push the line to the second
position.

Best,

--
Bastien

* Re: Bugs report
@ 2007-07-16  6:52     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-07-16  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jul 14, 2007, at 15:19, Bastien wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
>
>>> - Org-mode is so powerful that i tend to use it on the top of .txt
>>> files
>>>   (mostly drafts). It recently happened that i exported such a file
>>>   ASCII using org-export, and the new .txt overwrote the old file
>>>   without asking.
>>
>> Bummer! Hmm, how should we handle this? file.txt.txt? Or a query?
>
> I guess a query is okay, since this situation is not likely to happen
> very often.

Thinking more, I'd say that a query does not make sense, because I can't
think of a reason why you'd say "yes" to override this file.

It is going to be .txt.txt.

>>>   - [ ] This is an example.
>>>     ^   ^
>>>     1   2
>>
>> Hmmmm. Does look good, I must admit.  Now sure how to make
>> this work with M-q wrapping.  But I am putting it on the list.
>
> I would say this is more an issue for TAB than M-q. Filling can be left
> as it is, while pressing tab should better push the line to the second
> position.

OK, sounds reasonable.

- Carsten