* Strange problem loading org features in Emacs 27.1
@ 2020-08-16  3:31 Carlo Tambuatco
From: Carlo Tambuatco @ 2020-08-16  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have org-20200803 package installed in my elpa folder.

Here’s the message emacs gives me after loading my org-init.el file initializing org mode in
emacs 27.1:

Problems while trying to load feature ‘org-bbdb’
Problems while trying to load feature ‘org-gnus’
Problems while trying to load feature ‘org-irc’
Problems while trying to load feature ‘org-w3m’
Problems while trying to load feature ‘org-bibtex’
Problems while trying to load feature ‘org-docview’
Problems while trying to load feature ‘org-info’
Problems while trying to load feature ‘org-mhe’
Problems while trying to load feature ‘org-rmail’

The offending line of code in the org-init.el file is:

;;;Customize org modules
(setq org-modules '(org-bbdb
                      org-gnus
                      org-habit
                      org-irc
                      org-mouse
                      org-crypt
                      org-protocol
                      org-w3m
                      org-bibtex
                      org-docview
                      org-info
                      org-mhe
                      org-rmail))

(eval-after-load 'org
 '(org-load-modules-maybe t))

As you see, some of them load no problem, but most of them do not.
I checked the org folder, and it seems the .el files that fail to load all start with ‘ol’.

ol-bbdb.el
ol-gnus.el
ol-irc.el
ol-w3m.el
ol-bibtex.el
ol-docview.el
ol-info.el
ol-mhe.el
ol-rmail.el

I don’t know enough about how org mode is organized to know what is going on here, but I just
noticed this happening after upgrading to emacs-27.

What do I do about this problem? Emacs isn’t giving me enough information to give me an idea
of what is going on here.