Hi Nicholas, On 04/26/2018 07:34 PM, Bastien wrote: > Hi Charles, > > Charles Millar writes: > >> Attached --debug-init when starting - > is this with emacs -Q? If not, can you bisect your configuration? > > Thanks, emacs -Q starts fine. The problem may be with require 'ox-XXXXXXX When I worked my way down to (require 'ox-texinfo) there was no problem. When I uncomment that line the startup error appeared. In the warnings buffer part of the message is error: Invalid byte opcode: op=183, ptr=31 As I mentioned earlier, very poorly, when I start emacs 27.0.50 with the same OS, org versio and .emacs file, I have no problem Charlie