* Bug Report: latex export interaction with inlinetasks
@ 2011-10-08  8:17 Colin Fraizer
From: Colin Fraizer @ 2011-10-08  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have a file like this:

* Item 1

  - list1a

  - list1b

* Item 2

  - list2a

*************** TODO Test

*************** END

  - list2b

* Item 3

(1)    If I export the whole file to LaTeX, everything works fine.

(2)    If I export the subtree "* Item 2" to HTML, everything works fine.
(I see my list and the inlinetask in that list.)

(3)    If I export the subtree "* Item 2" to LaTeX, the inlinetask is
removed. (All inlinetasks are removed from list2.)

NOTE: I'm exporting the subtrees with C-c C-e 1 d (or C-c C-e 1 L).

This is apparently caused by the fact that:

1.       org-export-latex-first-lines matches all of list2 (because there
are no headlines under "* Item 2"); AND

2.       org-export-preprocess-string is called with limited parameters on
those first lines. Those parameters do not include my value for ":tasks".

Is there a reason why we could not (or should not) change the defun
org-export-latex-first-lines like the following.  I only add the line

":tasks (plist-get opt-plist :tasks)"

I'm not familiar enough with the guts of org to know if that will have
terrible consequences elsewhere.

(defun org-export-latex-first-lines (opt-plist &optional beg end)

       :

       :

      (prog1

         (org-export-latex-content

          (org-export-preprocess-string

           (buffer-substring pt end)

           :for-backend 'latex

           :emph-multiline t

           :add-text nil

           :comments nil

           :skip-before-1st-heading nil

           :LaTeX-fragments nil

           :tasks (plist-get opt-plist :tasks)  ;; *** I PROPOSE ADDING THIS
LINE

           :timestamps (plist-get opt-plist :timestamps)

           :footnotes (plist-get opt-plist :footnotes)))

       :

       :

       ) ; end of defun

* Re: Bug Report: latex export interaction with inlinetasks
@ 2011-10-09 12:05 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2011-10-09 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colin Fraizer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

"Colin Fraizer" <orgmode@cfraizer.com> writes:

> I have a file like this:
>

> * Item 1
>
>   - list1a
>
>   - list1b
>
> * Item 2
>
>   - list2a
>
> *************** TODO Test
>
> *************** END
>
>   - list2b
>
> * Item 3
>

> (1)    If I export the whole file to LaTeX, everything works fine.
>
> (2)    If I export the subtree "* Item 2" to HTML, everything works fine.
> (I see my list and the inlinetask in that list.)
>
> (3)    If I export the subtree "* Item 2" to LaTeX, the inlinetask is
> removed. (All inlinetasks are removed from list2.)
>

> This is apparently caused by the fact that:
>
> 1.       org-export-latex-first-lines matches all of list2 (because there
> are no headlines under "* Item 2"); AND
>
> 2.       org-export-preprocess-string is called with limited parameters on
> those first lines. Those parameters do not include my value for ":tasks".
>
> Is there a reason why we could not (or should not) change the defun
> org-export-latex-first-lines like the following.  I only add the line
>
> ":tasks (plist-get opt-plist :tasks)"
>
> I'm not familiar enough with the guts of org to know if that will have
> terrible consequences elsewhere.
>
> (defun org-export-latex-first-lines (opt-plist &optional beg end)
>        :
>        :
>       (prog1
>          (org-export-latex-content
>           (org-export-preprocess-string
>            (buffer-substring pt end)
>            :for-backend 'latex
>            :emph-multiline t
>            :add-text nil
>            :comments nil
>            :skip-before-1st-heading nil
>            :LaTeX-fragments nil
>            :tasks (plist-get opt-plist :tasks)  ;; *** I PROPOSE ADDING THIS LINE
>            :timestamps (plist-get opt-plist :timestamps)
>            :footnotes (plist-get opt-plist :footnotes)))
>        :
>        :
>        ) ; end of defun

I think this should be safe. Do you want to make a patch for that?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Bug Report: latex export interaction with inlinetasks
@ 2011-10-09 12:58   ` Colin Fraizer
From: Colin Fraizer @ 2011-10-09 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Nicolas Goaziou'; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi, Nicolas,

Please pardon my ignorance, but I don't know how to generate a patch for
distribution.

Since I sent that e-mail, I added a few more items from the opt-plist to
include :todo, :todo-keywords, :tags, and :priority.

The output from diff for my new version against the one I grabbed from the
git repository follows (enclosed in an org example block).

--Colin

#+begin_example
3c3
< ;; Copyright (C) 2007-2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
---
> ;; Copyright (C) 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
7c7,8
< ;; Author: Bastien Guerry <bzg AT gnu DOT org>
---
> ;; Version: 7.7
> ;; Author: Bastien Guerry <bzg AT altern DOT org>
404c405
<   '("\\begin{verbatim}\n" . "\\end{verbatim}")
---
>   '("\\begin{verbatim}\n" . "\\end{verbatim}\n")
1472a1474,1478
>         :tasks (plist-get opt-plist :tasks)
>         :todo (plist-get opt-plist :todo)
>         :todo-keywords (plist-get opt-plist :todo-keywords)
>         :tags (plist-get opt-plist :tags)
>         :priority (plist-get opt-plist :priority)
1839c1845
< 		(insert "\\end{verbatim}\n"))
---
> 		(insert "\\end{verbatim}\n\n"))
2769a2776,2777

> ;; arch-tag: 23c2b87d-da04-4c2d-ad2d-1eb6487bc3ad
#+end_example

From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2011-10-13 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colin Fraizer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

"Colin Fraizer" <orgmode@cfraizer.com> writes:

> Please pardon my ignorance, but I don't know how to generate a patch for
> distribution.

You have all instructions you want at:

              http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

If you don't want/can't follow them, please tell me. I will push your
patch.

> Since I sent that e-mail, I added a few more items from the opt-plist to
> include :todo, :todo-keywords, :tags, and :priority.

I see, but you also included changes not directly related to the
thread's subject (i.e. changes to verbatim environment). Be sure to
filter them out if you create the patch.

Nicolas Goaziou