From: "Colin Fraizer" <orgmode@cfraizer.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Bug Report: latex export interaction with inlinetasks
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 04:17:56 -0400	[thread overview]

I have a file like this:

* Item 1

  - list1a

  - list1b

* Item 2

  - list2a

*************** TODO Test

*************** END

  - list2b

* Item 3

(1)    If I export the whole file to LaTeX, everything works fine.

(2)    If I export the subtree "* Item 2" to HTML, everything works fine.
(I see my list and the inlinetask in that list.)

(3)    If I export the subtree "* Item 2" to LaTeX, the inlinetask is
removed. (All inlinetasks are removed from list2.)

NOTE: I'm exporting the subtrees with C-c C-e 1 d (or C-c C-e 1 L).

This is apparently caused by the fact that:

1.       org-export-latex-first-lines matches all of list2 (because there
are no headlines under "* Item 2"); AND

2.       org-export-preprocess-string is called with limited parameters on
those first lines. Those parameters do not include my value for ":tasks".

Is there a reason why we could not (or should not) change the defun
org-export-latex-first-lines like the following.  I only add the line

":tasks (plist-get opt-plist :tasks)"

I'm not familiar enough with the guts of org to know if that will have
terrible consequences elsewhere.

(defun org-export-latex-first-lines (opt-plist &optional beg end)

       :

       :

      (prog1

         (org-export-latex-content

          (org-export-preprocess-string

           (buffer-substring pt end)

           :for-backend 'latex

           :emph-multiline t

           :add-text nil

           :comments nil

           :skip-before-1st-heading nil

           :LaTeX-fragments nil

           :tasks (plist-get opt-plist :tasks)  ;; *** I PROPOSE ADDING THIS
LINE

           :timestamps (plist-get opt-plist :timestamps)

           :footnotes (plist-get opt-plist :footnotes)))

       :

       :

       ) ; end of defun